Monday, July 4, 2011

And here are some nails...

I emptied my wallet on a bunch of happy summer colors, and made these:


For the backgrounds and drawings, I used IsaDora Bridal Pink and Mellow Yellow, and Depend mini-polishes (i adore them!!) numbers 135 (salmon), 201 (pink), 246 (blue), 031 (white), 036 (red), and CHIC topcoat.
For candy on the cakes and ice creams I used mini pearls, stick glitter and hexagon glitter, and for the cherry and other decorations I used some flatback pearls, and flatback Swarovski crystals in Vintage Rose and Indian Siam.

The only tools you need really is polishes, a steady hand (be relaxed!) and an orangewood stick to pick up and place decorations. I find that polish brushes can be really good for painting on nails if you learn to use their shape. For example, I make the thin lines on the icecream cones just by wiping off most of the polish of the brush until it's pretty clean and flat, and then laying it down in an angle, to get thin controlled lines.

I made these on my own nails which have a gel overlay on them. That means the polish won't chip or mess up as easily as it would on natural nails, since the gel gives it all a strong steady base. I didn't use any glue for the decorations, just embedded them in the wet polish, and top coated twice, but I'd use some glue for the crystals and flatback pearls if I were working on natural nails.

That's it I guess, I hope some lovely girls out there will give this a try, if so let me know how it turns out! Also, I'd be more than happy to answer any questions!

xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment